Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Front-end profile edit not working for admins

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #296952 by Vorak
Hello,

I came upon an issue today in regards to saving profile edits front-end.

When I log in front-end with an admin account, make changes to my CB profile, it does not save the changes I have made.

In fact, when I click "update", it does not go back to the profile page itself, but instead to an URL ending with this:

.../cb-profile/saveuseredit

The profile edit page then reloads, with the changes seemingly still there. But when checking the profile itself, the changes did not come through, and the next time I go to profile edit, the changes aren't there because they were never really saved. Upon the page reload with the above URL (and only then), the order of the tabs is also different from what it should be and normally is.

The even more weird thing is: this only happens to admin accounts (user levels Administrator and Super User). When I set an admin account to regular " Registered", the problem is gone, and when I set him back to Administrator or Super User, the problem returns. Also, the problem only occurs front-end, editing an admin profile back-end is not giving any issues or errors.

I have already tried:
- Setting error reporting to maximum; no related errors appear
- Check the log file; no entry for the times when I have tried saving profile changes
- I have tried to disable all CB plugins that are not from Joomlapolis themselves; no changes

All published CB plugins are up-to-date.

I am unsure how long this problem has been the case, as I don't really edit my profile on a daily basis. It may be very recent, or it may already be since upgrading to Joomla 3, I have no idea. The most recent plugin I installed was CB Progress, which is how I coincidentally found out about this issue by wanting to select a canvas image for one of the admin accounts. I have not changed anything to the user levels or groups in Joomla.

I'm hoping that maybe you have any idea of what could be the cause of the problem, or things I can try?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296975 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Front-end profile edit not working for admins
The profile edit form has to submit to a URL that processes the form. That URL is saveuseredit. If it's sending you back to profile edit it means the save failed. Probably from a validation error. All of our errors, notices, etc.. output as part of Joomlas message queue so you should such a failed save message at the top of profile edit assuming your Joomla template is properly outputting messages. If you see no message then switch to default Joomla protostar template and retry. If still nothing enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to see if any errors output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vorak

• Vorak
  • Vorak
7 years 1 month ago #296981 by Vorak
Yes, doing it this way the error message did appear. Turns out that a required field was set to editable in the profile edit but at the same time not showing there, meaning that it was possible to meet its requirements in the front-end.

The error message wasn't showing because of some css code, which I fixed in the meantime as well.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon