Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6779] CB Workflows User Approval/Rejection list -- make all items unchecked by default

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297100 by boyjahq
On the page for approving or rejecting registrations that require moderator approval it seems that the default is for all items to be checked. How can I make it so that all items are NOT checked by default, so that the moderator must select only those which are to be approved or rejected?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#6779] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297124 by krileon
You can't change that behavior without modify core code. The approval page HTML is output in the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php

I can not advise you any further as we do not support core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
7 years 1 month ago #297146 by boyjahq
I will not modify code. Please consider changing this in a future release so that items are unchecked by default, not checked. As this is a function that is used on the front end by many different staff people associated with a given website, it is risky to have everything checked by default. It increases the chance of someone accidentally approving or rejecting the wrong items in bulk which is then very difficult to undo as it requires messing around with user management settings in the admin backend. It also adds one more step to the process since instructions to staff must be 1) Check the box at the top of the column to uncheck all items. 2) Go through and check only those items you wish to process. It is much easier and more intuitive (again, for non-technical staff) to say "Go to the page, select those items you wish to process and choose the appropriate action".

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297170 by krileon
We'll be changing this behavior once we've made available a check-all checkbox. Have added a feature ticket for a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6775

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297201 by boyjahq
Thank you! Check all check box is already in place so just need the update to uncheck all by default. The forge issue link you included in your reply is for image approval, however I am asking about Approval/Rejection for newly registered users that require moderation to allow membership.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by boyjahq.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297218 by krileon
Ah, sorry you were referring to user approval. Had it in my head we were talking about Image approval. Will change for user approval and user reports page since both already have their check all checkboxes.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6779

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon