Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity stream is not updated after user change

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297156 by fribse2011
Hi there

I have an auto-action that does a few things when the user is changed from 'non-member' to 'member'.
Master action:
TypeAction
TriggersonAfterNewUser, onAfterUpdateUser, onAfterUserUpdate
Conditions[var3_cb_type]Is Not REGEX/(Familie|Støtte|Æres|Junior|Senior)/
[cb_type]Is REGEX/(Familie|Støtte|Æres|Junior|Senior)/
ActionSUB - Replace groups with Member
SUB - SIGN UP - Send Mail
SUB - SIGN UP - Activity about new FAMILY member
SUB - SIGN UP - Activity about new member
SUB - SIGN UP - TRIAL - Reset Trial membershipdate
SUB - SIGN UP - Change of mailinglist
The SUB action does different things.
One changes the group membership, one changes the Acymailing subscription etc. etc.

All the other actions are done correctly.

Two of them are for the activity stream I have on the frontpage, one is for a regular member, the other is for a family member.
SUB - SIGN UP - Activity about new member
TriggersNONE
ConditionsNONE
Action
ModeActivity
MethodCreate
Published
Assetglobal
Title
MessageVelkommen [name]
Owner17
Action
The Owner "User 17" is a 'club user', so that it will reflect the clubname as the poster.

The module I've placed on the frontpage is from CB Activity, and my users can post in the stream.
I haven't filled in anything in it, though people are allowed to like and comment.
I see all sorts of activity on the module from when people update their avatars etc. but I don't see the updates from the activity action.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by fribse2011.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297171 by krileon
Check within backend to see if your activity is even being generated and if it is that it's doing so properly (correct owner, asset, etc..). The module by default should display like the Recent activity page and include global activity unless you've changed the Asset parameter in which case the asset needs to include "global".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
7 years 1 month ago #297200 by fribse2011
Nothing is set in the 'asset' in the module
But I think I found the error.
I had set the auto-actions to post it to 'global', but that is not shown in the module.
When I changed it to post it to the user 17's profile, then it shows up. So the activities are now posted to profile.17, and they show up.
So I guess I can't post it to a 'global' stream, and have it show up in the module.

Best regards
Fribse

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297217 by krileon
You have to have global specified in the module asset or set the module asset to "all" for global activity to display. Global activity at this time is designed for moderators to make a global post however. I've not tested it in any other scenario. Based off your usage though you should not be using global but "profile.USER_ID" to attach it to that profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
7 years 1 month ago #297250 by fribse2011
When you write profile.USER_ID, are you saying that it should be written like that, and it will substitute the USER_ID with the users, or am I supposed to write the ID instead of it? I've previously written profile.USER_ID, but when I then looked in the activity stream, it had just written the text profile.USER_ID there.

Best regards
Fribse

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297260 by krileon
You need to actually substitute in the user id or specify one hardcoded. So you'd use profile.[user_id] for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse2011

Moderators: beatnantkrileon