Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with caching after the last few updates

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
7 years 1 month ago #297157 by fribse2011
For some reason I have to clear the Joomla cache every few days.
If people tick the 'remember me', it works most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't really register that people are logged in, so that the wrong menu'es are shown (for not logged in people).

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297173 by krileon
CB doesn't have file caching so I've no idea. Any caching we use is at run time for variable caching (basically just static variables). Do not use Joomla page caching or you're going to have out of date data like that as the way page caching works is it captures the buffer, stores it to a file, and serves that file for the next XYZ minutes. If you've a dynamic environment this does not work since that buffer is basically out of date the minute it's cached. The caching would need to at the very least be per session, which as far as I'm aware it's not.

Your Joomla cache certainly should not have a lifetime of days, but rather minutes up to an hour purely to prevent duplicate subsequent requests and reduce server load. Only pages acceptable to have days worth of caching are like Joomla content.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
7 years 1 month ago #297198 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Problem with caching after the last few updates
It is set to 5 minuttes, but nevertheless after the later updates to CB antispam the 'keep me logged in' is a mess if it's set.
I've disabled cache for now.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297216 by krileon
I don't know how CB AntiSpam could have any affect on that as its login behavior is attempts and captcha checks. If you're using neither it does nothing during login. If you're using either try disabling those behaviors and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon