Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Error: String could not be parsed as XML - Please help!

• sirmagic
  • sirmagic
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297211 by sirmagic

CB critical error occurred on website in 5 languages, with 11,000 daily visitors and a number of users registered - please help!

When user logs in via frontend, error message "0 String could not be parsed as XML" but user is logged in. But user can not access CB user profile page "MeetingPoint"!
In backend, I can no longer get into CB plugins, error: "String could not be parsed as XML" - All plugins were updated.

I have reinstalled CB without it having helped.

Best regards
Ole Vagnkjær
Scoop Innovative Webdesign
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297220 by krileon
You've already posted about this same issue below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/236614-failure-string-could-not-be-parsed-as-xml#293933

My guess is it's something you've installed. Likely a 3rd party CB plugin. See the below on how to manually disable 3rd party plugins from loading by renaming their folders if you can not access CB > Plugin Management.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/235142-error-in-plugins-string-could-not-be-parsed-as-xml#287485

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sirmagic
  • sirmagic
7 years 1 month ago #297243 by sirmagic
Dear Kyle

Thank you for your patience and yes, it's the same website but another issue of trouble. But I've figured out which 3rd party plugin causes the issues: "Universal AJAX Live Search" which is a great search plugin, also in conjunction with CB - but if not all CB search parameters are set correctly, it causes problems.
Everything works right now, thanks for always quick feedback on support.

Yours sincerely
Ole
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 11 months ago #298651 by shanenefdt

sirmagic wrote: Dear Kyle

Thank you for your patience and yes, it's the same website but another issue of trouble. But I've figured out which 3rd party plugin causes the issues: "Universal AJAX Live Search" which is a great search plugin, also in conjunction with CB - but if not all CB search parameters are set correctly, it causes problems.
Everything works right now, thanks for always quick feedback on support.

Yours sincerely
Ole

Is there any current solution on the cards for a decent Ajax search facility for CB as the current search facility is rather cumbersome and doesn't look very attractive at all?
I was also considering the implementation of the Universal AJA Live Search but have noticed sparse support for the CB integration.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298660 by krileon

Is there any current solution on the cards for a decent Ajax search facility for CB as the current search facility is rather cumbersome and doesn't look very attractive at all?

Nope, we do not have any ajax search functionality.

I was also considering the implementation of the Universal AJA Live Search but have noticed sparse support for the CB integration.

Can't comment regarding 3rd party search extensions. Our CB Search Bot populates the search results like Joomlas content search plugin does, but I've no idea how that ajax extension works as far as search plugins so I can't really suggest anything. I'm guessing they have custom integrations for their extension instead of utilizing existing Joomla search plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon