Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Wall does not allow public comments and likes?

• NicoFaaij
  • NicoFaaij
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297368 by NicoFaaij
Hi,

I just started to use the Wall on CB (CB Activity) as well on GroupJive (Wall). It works fine for registered users after they logged in. They can post, comment and likes. However I want also not registered users give the opportunity to add comment and likes to post and comments on the wall of my users, if possible just with they facebook account but without any registration on my website.

So in CB Activity I have select "Public" as create and comment access. But when you are not logged in you doesn't get any comment input box or like button. How can I make that really everyone can add comments and likes? And can I protect it again spam with a anti spam Captcha? Or is commenting and like not possible for public?

Many thanks in advance,
Nico
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by NicoFaaij.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297394 by krileon
CB Activity and CB GroupJive Wall do not have anonymous posting. Anonymous posting in CB Activity is planned in a future release. CB GroupJive Wall will never get anonymous posting. You'll be able to eventually enable this for both activity and/or comments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• NicoFaaij
  • NicoFaaij
7 years 1 month ago #297598 by NicoFaaij
Replied by NicoFaaij on topic Wall does not allow public comments and likes?
Thanks Kyle, for your fast and clear answer (as always)!

I was looking for something like developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/comments adding as an extra comment and like option for non registered users. So not registered visitors can also comment and like wall post, blogs etc. I think I have to add that Facebook code somewhere by hacking your Wall and blog code. Do you have any suggestion for that?

With kind regards,
Nico

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297611 by krileon
I highly suggest not trying to embed a Facebook stream inside of a CB Activity stream. I guess you'd have to modify the template files for CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NicoFaaij

Moderators: beatnantkrileon