Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with CB Activity

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297434 by timstohr
Problem with CB Activity was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
The comments function seems to have stopped worked. Whenever I try to comment on a post, it does not show the POST button anymore. This seems due in part to a Jquery error.

Please see attached

Yesterday evening, activity was still working, however this morning it had stopped working.

How can I solve this?
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by timstohr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB Activity
Install latest CB and CB Activity then purge any cache and retry. Does this affect the activity page, module, and profile all the same?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 1 month ago #297443 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with CB Activity
Hey
it does not seem to affect the profile page activity tab but only the module and the GJ group activity (which is inputted in GJ using CB Auto actions)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297454 by krileon
Strange, would mean the tabs jQuery plugin isn't loading, but that's basically impossible in GJ since it's loaded by the group it self. CB Activity also loads it. Not sure what to suggest beyond ensure everything is absolutely up to date. I'm not able to confirm your issue. Are you using a JS/CSS compression extension? If so try disabling it and purging cache.

Try the below changes and see if issue persists as I suspect it maybe happening due to internal caching of the cbTabs object when getField or getTab is called.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/libraries/CB/Plugin/Activity/CBActivity.php
ON: Line 239
Code:
$fields[$profileId][$userId] = $profileUser->_getCbTabs( false )->_getTabFieldsDb( null, $profileUser->getUserData(), 'profile' );
TO:
Code:
$fields[$profileId][$userId] = $profileUser->_getCbTabs()->_getTabFieldsDb( null, $profileUser->getUserData(), 'profile' );

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/libraries/CB/Plugin/Activity/CBActivity.php
ON: Line 287
Code:
$tabs[$profileId][$userId] = $profileUser->_getCbTabs( false )->_getTabsDb( $profileUser->getUserData(), 'profile' );
TO:
Code:
$tabs[$profileId][$userId] = $profileUser->_getCbTabs()->_getTabsDb( $profileUser->getUserData(), 'profile' );

Still would be strange for this to override GJs tabs from loading their JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 1 month ago #297476 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem with CB Activity
OK that is really really strange.
I installed the new Joomla 3.8 and it started working again BUT only on 60 to 70% of the posts (for the other ones, the POSTING button still does not appear). BUT... I am still getting that same error I pointed out to you + I got one more now which is cbvalidate. Groupjive started working again faultlessly.
All in all, looks rosy, in that it works again...

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297496 by krileon
That sounds like a caching problem then. There's no reason for jQuery files to suddenly stop loading. Are you using any JS/CSS compression extensions? Sometimes 3rd party Joomla templates have this functionality built in. Did you try the above change to see if it'd get rid of cbtabs jQuery error?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon