Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Making album public and displaying on a page

• Pervis79
  • Pervis79
7 years 1 month ago #297467 by Pervis79
Hi I'm having a challenge making my albums in cb gallery public so everyone can see it and still retain the album in the user's profile. I've tried changing the asset id but that moves it from the user profile page. Is this the feature or I'm I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297471 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Making album public and displaying on a page
You can have multiple assets for a gallery by using a comma separated list. The first asset is the asset that new media and albums will use for storage. Example as follows.

profile,uploads,global

Using that asset for the Gallery tab will result in that users media/albums, stream uploads, and global uploads to show in their gallery tab.

Next you need to create a global gallery where you'll manage global uploads. You can do this by creating a Gallery field or a Joomla menu item with menu type Community Builder > Plugin then select CB Gallery as the plugin followed by setting Asset parameter to global. You'd then make your global uploads from that menu item and those uploads should display on every profile.

If you want to have a menu item display all your profile media and albums specifically then create a Joomla menu item to CB Gallery and set Asset param to "profile.USER_ID" (e.g. profile.42).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Pervis79
  • Pervis79
7 years 1 month ago #297475 by Pervis79
Replied by Pervis79 on topic Making album public and displaying on a page
Thanks Kyle
Is there a way to set the default asset id to global and profile? So all uploaded media once approved are public ?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297494 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Making album public and displaying on a page
If you want to be able to see everyones gallery entries in 1 gallery, but still keep profile galleries then create a Joomla menu link to to Community Builder > Plugins and select CB Gallery for Plugin then set Asset to "all". You can do the same for a gallery field if you want it shown on profile. Aside from that I guess I'm not understanding what you're trying to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon