Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Module only for guests

• Amicus72
  • Amicus72
7 years 1 month ago #297526 by Amicus72
Module only for guests was created by Amicus72
Hey there,

i try to configure a module that is only visible to users who are not logged in.

i set the acess for the module to guest, but that didn't work, still everybody could see the module.

Then i googled the problem and found a tutorial that said that it's not that easy, as usergroups are not exclusive, so everything a guest can see, is also visible to registered, admin and so on, so it's easy to assign a minimum access level, but difficult to allow something to a guest, but not to registered users, admins etc.
Anyway, it was said i have to make a new usergroup called "gäste" (parent public), a new access level called "gast" where only "gäste" have viewing access, and put that new group as guest user group in Users: options in joomla, and finally set access for the module to that new usergroup.

It still didn't work.

I asked for help, and that guy said problem may be connected with community builder.

I have no clue why that guy thinks CB could cause the problem, but anyway,
has anybody had a similar problem or an idea how i could have my "only for guests module"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Module only for guests
CB can not override ACL. It has no control over Joomla modules. The only way CB can control module access is with CBSubs and even then it does not take over ACL, but can only hide modules after ACL has been checked by Joomla. See the below Joomla tutorial on how to properly setup Guest access.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Control_List_Tutorial#Allowing_Guest-Only_Access_to_Menu_Items_and_Modules

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Amicus72
  • Amicus72
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #297559 by Amicus72
Replied by Amicus72 on topic Module only for guests
mhh...made it exactly that way shown in your tutorial, still doesn't work.

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not post credentials here. Please also do not provide us credentials we did not ask for. We do not do install reviews on demand.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #297572 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Module only for guests
It is not our tutorial. It is Joomlas. That feature has nothing to do with CB and is entirely Joomla. Post on the Joomla forums below if you've issues with Guest ACL.

forum.joomla.org/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon