Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB component background color not changing

• halvarss
  • halvarss
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #297776 by halvarss
We are building a site ( www.crowdawork.com ).
I cannot change the look and feel of the Sign Up form.
Please visit the page and compare the look and feel of the page after doing a search and than when you try to Sign Up.
Where and how do I change the colors of the different items (Background color, Hover Color, Text Color, Link color) in the CB registration and login pages?
Tried to install the mycommunity template through the Plugin management tool and made it Default. No effect.

I'm desperate. Please help.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #297791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB component background color not changing
CBs registration doesn't have a background color. Whatever color is on the element above it will be the background color.

Where and how do I change the colors of the different items (Background color, Hover Color, Text Color, Link color) in the CB registration and login pages?

You write the necessary CSS and supply it to CBs template CSS override parameter. See below on where to place your custom CSS.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Your issue however appears to be that the component output area of your Joomla template is missing a background or has same background as the page body.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by krileon.

• halvarss
  • halvarss
7 years 3 weeks ago #297794 by halvarss
Replied by halvarss on topic CB component background color not changing
Hi and thanks for your reply.

What you proposed did not work even though I did like you described on the post.

What should I try next?

Br, Johan H

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 weeks ago #297797 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB component background color not changing
Whatever CSS you wrote doesn't have a strong enough selector then. See the below if new to CSS.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/CSS/Introduction_to_CSS

The div element surrounding the component output in your Joomla template has an ID of sp-component. It doesn't have a CSS class. You can add a background to it with something like the below.

Code:
#sp-component { background-color: white; }

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• halvarss
  • halvarss
7 years 3 weeks ago #297812 by halvarss
Replied by halvarss on topic CB component background color not changing
Yes, Thank you alot for your help!! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon