Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Gallery categories

• sclarke
  • sclarke
7 years 3 weeks ago #297779 by sclarke
CB Gallery categories was created by sclarke
Hi,

We have a member community site. There is a Photos section on the site where we have a number of different categories to display different kinds of images. Lets say we have a category for cats, dogs, fish, etc. On the front of the website you can go the the Photos > Cats category and it will display all the cat images from all users, same for dogs, fish, etc.

When a user uploads their photos they have to choose which category the image will be displayed in cat, dog, etc. It would be nice if the user could make an albums to group their photos in. When someone views the user's profile their Photo tab will show all of their images that they have uploaded no matter what category the images are in. If the user had albums, the albums would display in their Photo tab.

Is there a way to setup CB Gallery to have this functionality? I didn't see anything about categories when I looked at the demo. Maybe there is a way to have Global Albums that users have to specify for their images and you can show all user image for a particular global album on a page? If so, can users put their photos in a user albums in the Global Album?

Any help on how to set this up would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 weeks ago #297792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery categories
Albums are already supported. What gallery an album or media belongs to is entirely based of the Asset of the gallery. You can have multiple assets per gallery as well with the first asset supplied being used for storage. What you're wanting may not be doable, but you could try creating 2 galleries with the below assets.

Gallery 1 (gallery menu item)
Asset: global.[user_id],global.%

Gallery 2 (gallery tab)
Asset: profile,uploads,global.[user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sclarke
  • sclarke
6 years 11 months ago #298837 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic CB Gallery categories
Hi Kyle,

Sorry, you have totally lost me. I installed CB Gallery plugin. I don't see anything in it about Assets in the plugin parameters. I don't see anything in the Gallery tab about Assets.

I want to create some global albums and those are the only choices that the user can put their photos into for the first gallery. Don't know how to go about doing that.

More details please or pointer to documenation that describes how this works.

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298844 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery categories
The asset for the gallery tab can be specified within CB > Tab Management > Gallery > Parameters. The Asset parameter is at the top. As for creating more galleries you need to do that using a Joomla menu item with menutype Community Builder > Plugin then select CB Activity for the plugin and under the Activity tab you can specify whatever Asset you like. The alternative is to create Gallery fields in CB > Field Management. See my above explanation of asset to have what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon