Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Automatically delete a user from GroupJive groups on change in usergroup

• LineMine
  • LineMine
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298943 by LineMine
Hi
So do I need to set up another autoaction for usergroups before this Groupjive autoaction?

Sorry, I'm really out of my depth here with this. I'll just have to go away and watch some of the videos on this. and try and get to grips with how it all works.

Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by LineMine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298950 by krileon

So do I need to set up another autoaction for usergroups before this Groupjive autoaction?

I guess so. Again, I've no idea how you're doing the usergroup change or where.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LineMine
  • LineMine
6 years 11 months ago #298951 by LineMine
Hi
The usergroup change will be performed by subscription software. Currently I'm using Membership pro, but I will almost certainly switch to CB Subs because of the integration with CB.
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298952 by krileon
Ok, then you need to do your GJ group removal during that same operation. See the below on how to setup your auto action for that.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

I believe specifically for your usecase Plan Expired should work. You may need to move the usergroup change to CB Auto Actions using the above though as I'm not sure if the above fires after CBSubs changes the users usergroup or not, but I suppose it doesn't matter since it's really their subscription state that you're needing to do this on and not necessarily their usergroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

• LineMine
  • LineMine
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301447 by LineMine
Hi Kyle

I'm just starting to sort this out now, but I have a couple of hopefully simple issues.

I have currently set up 3 different plans, a default free lifetime for all Registered members, plus two paid plans, Trader and Trader Plus, both of which are paid monthly on recurring subs for a total of a year.

Using the setup you detailed above for Plan Expired, I have got 2 auto actions to work, deleting a user from ALL groups as I wanted, when either paid plan expires/is cancelled. These are both GroupJive autoactions.

However, it is possible for a user to upgrade from Trader to Trader Plus, and when they cancel their Trader Plus membership, they still have their Trader membership, BUT they are removed from all groups despite this, because they have triggered the Auto action. Obviously I have set this up wrongly somehow, but I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

The second issue is this: at the moment I am using a redirect to filter non paid members away from joining groups. I have this set up to apply to all Registered members. However, When a paid member cancels a Trader or Trader Plus plan, they automatically are added to the Registered usergroup, but remain in it even if they upgrade again. This means they cannot join groups even though they have paid. I can't see a mechanism for taking users out of the Registered usergroup on upgrade in CB Subs, but maybe I've missed something?

Alternatively there could be a better way of filtering users who haven't upgraded so that they cannot join groups. I'm not sure if that was what you were proposing with the Plan Active Auto action you suggested? However, when I tried to set this up, I couldn't see a way to work it without joining an upgraded user to either ALL groups, or pre-selected groups, whereas I just want then to be able to join which groups they choose, which is why the redirect worked so well.

Thanks for your help on this

Simon
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by LineMine.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301460 by krileon

However, it is possible for a user to upgrade from Trader to Trader Plus, and when they cancel their Trader Plus membership, they still have their Trader membership, BUT they are removed from all groups despite this, because they have triggered the Auto action. Obviously I have set this up wrongly somehow, but I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

The plan expired auto action is just checking that the subscription status is not A (Active). To cover the upgrade case you'd need to check that the status is not A or U (Upgrade). So the below condition might help to cover the case you're needing.

[var2] Is Not REGEX /^(A|U)$/

This means it won't trigger that auto action if the plan is active or upgraded.

The second issue is this: at the moment I am using a redirect to filter non paid members away from joining groups. I have this set up to apply to all Registered members. However, When a paid member cancels a Trader or Trader Plus plan, they automatically are added to the Registered usergroup, but remain in it even if they upgrade again. This means they cannot join groups even though they have paid. I can't see a mechanism for taking users out of the Registered usergroup on upgrade in CB Subs, but maybe I've missed something?

If you're using CBSubs to change usergroups then CBSubs won't remove usergroups that it's not configured to control. You can try having your free plan add the Registered usergroup under the Access tab to see if this would allow CBSubs to control it and should remove it. Otherwise you'll need to use CB Auto Actions to control usergroup assignment (use the Replace Usergroups mode) using the trigger and condition usages in my above reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon