Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] hide site name in registration confirmation email subject

• carin
  • carin
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #297994 by carin
Since the site name is not in my language override but still gets injected I dont know how to get rid of it. Same for all the other subjects. Thanks.

CB 2.0
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #297996 by krileon
That should be the following language string.

EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT

You should be able to translate that to [subject] to remove sitename. You'll need to add this override to each of your CB language plugins including the Default English language plugin.

This only applies to system emails sent from the site. You'll have to be more specific as to what emails are including it for me to suggest anything further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• carin
  • carin
7 years 2 weeks ago #297997 by carin
Thank you. My setup is

YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_SUBJECT = Hello [firstname]

which generates the subject: "SPOT GUIDE - Hello Peter"

Where is the "SPOT GUIDE - " coming from?

CB 2.0

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 weeks ago #297999 by krileon
Ok, that's a system email. The sitename is being added by the language string EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT, which is "[sitename] - [subject]". Translate it to just "[subject]" to remove the sitename prefix.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carin

• carin
  • carin
7 years 2 weeks ago #298002 by carin
.... got it now, sorry it took me two posts.

CB 2.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon