Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem uploading videos to CB Activity and CB Gallery

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 1 week ago #298157 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have set Video uploads to YES and also the CREATE to Register.
If I now try to upload a video, it uploads the whole video and then tells me that I have not got the required permissions to upload the video... I have tried on an activity module, on the main stream and on the profile (in the activity tab). I have checked several times that the permissions are set in the back-end and have tested with two different profiles. None works.
I have also tested on your demo site and there I get the same stuff...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 week ago #298171 by krileon
CB Activity uses the gallery parameters of the profile gallery. This means the Gallery tab parameters. If those parameters are set to use global then it of course uses the global parameters. The video also needs to be mp4, ogv, ogg, webm, or m4v as they are the only HTML5 supported extensions; any others will just be treated as a File gallery type.

I have also tested on your demo site and there I get the same stuff...

That's because video uploads are specifically disabled on our demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon