Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Missing tranlations - HAVE_A_TYPES_TO_SHARE

• robster80
  • robster80
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #298165 by robster80
Hello,
you should seriously do something with translations, it seems that this doesn't work properly for months.
But now I'm looking for possibility to correct some string (I can't find it by transifex, cb translation override tool or source files). Recent activity stream and tooltip for adding media, there is incomplite translation, I'm attaching a screenshot.
greets, r.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by robster80.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #298174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Missing tranlations
We don't build language files for nightlies. You can override new strings added by nightlies with our language overrides usage shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

That language string more specifically is the following.

HAVE_A_TYPES_TO_SHARE

Once we can automated the deployment of language files we'll be building them automatically when we build a new nightly as well, but until then they're manually deployed files to transifex that we typically only build for versioned releases.

Also we don't handle translations. We simply upload the English files to transifex. Translations are a community effort. If you'd like to contribute then see the below for details.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by krileon.

• robster80
  • robster80
7 years 1 week ago #298195 by robster80
Replied by robster80 on topic Missing tranlations
Understood. I tried this override tool already but I couldn't find the string. I've used this what you gave me HAVE_A_TYPES_TO_SHARE and everything is ok now.
thanks, r.
p.s. is there a possibility to add by you some list of new strings with new builds for translators? in txt file or in any other way? or I missed something?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 week ago #298196 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Missing tranlations

p.s. is there a possibility to add by you some list of new strings with new builds for translators? in txt file or in any other way? or I missed something?

No, as already explained this is an entirely manual step. We have to manually build the language files. As you can imagine that's too much to deal with when rapidly releasing builds, which is why we don't build new language files for build releases and only do so for versioned releases. Once we've this automated at the very least the English defaults would be up to date so the language finder can find the new language strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon