Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] GroupJive & Joomla Managers - Can Forum access be disabled?

• gjschaller
  • gjschaller
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298561 by gjschaller
We have several members on our Joomla site that are Managers, but not Admins. When granted this level, they gain access to all Kunena categories that are managed by GroupJive, although not categories that are not managed by GJ (and are managed by the normal Joomla permissions systems).

Is there a way to set GroupJive so that Managers do not have access to GJ-controlled forum categories? We'd like them to have some access, but this is too much for what they need - we'd prefer to restrict the full list to just Admins.

Thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298572 by krileon
If they're a CB Moderator they have access to everything. If they're not within your moderator view access level and it's just Kunena doing this then it's probably a permission in Kunena that you need to adjust, but I've no idea where.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gjschaller
  • gjschaller
6 years 11 months ago #298575 by gjschaller
The change was adding the people to the Managers group in Joomla. No changes were made in CB itself, or in Kunena. They do not have access to other Kunena categories, so this leads me to think it's not a Kunena setting.

This may be the lead I need though - I'll see if I can hunt down where CB chooses who is a Moderator.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298576 by krileon
Check the moderator view access level within CB > Configuration > Moderation. Next see if the usergroup you added them to is included in that view access level. If it is then they've full CB Moderator permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gjschaller
  • gjschaller
6 years 11 months ago #298578 by gjschaller
That was it, thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon