Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Conditionals Working Incorrectly

• jmaridon
  • jmaridon
6 years 11 months ago #298597 by jmaridon
Conditionals Working Incorrectly was created by jmaridon
We have a cb instance with over 13,000 registered users. Over the last few months, conditionals have not been working correctly. We use conditionals to hide/show certain fields if certain conditions are met but lately, I have had to add conditionals that should not be necessary. I will provide an example:

We have a custom html field with the name cb_goodnewsnoschoolreq

All of these are field conditional self

Condition 1: if cb_court is not equal to Las Vegas Justice Court then hide
Condition 2: if cb_quickstatus is not equal to Good News! We have completed the negotiations for your case then hide
Condition 3: if cb_trafficschoolrequired is equal to yes then hide
Condition 4: if cb_payfirst is equal to 1 then hide

Here is the problem, I had to add a 5th conditional inorder to have the field show up/hide correctly: if cb_trafficschoolrequired is equal to No then show.

I had to do this with multiple fields and I am not sure why. The cb_goodnewsnoschoolreq field should show up as long as the client meets the first two conditions and then hide if any of the next two are met. I don't understand why I had to add a 5th conditional to get the field to show/hide correctly. Since we pay for professional support and have renewed our subscription repeatedly, can someone take a look at our database and see if everything is correct? We seem to have a lot of issues with conditionals that just make no sense. We are happy to pay a fee for this service, if necessary.

If we can't get this solved, we will have to choose another solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298609 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditionals Working Incorrectly
You can not condition a field more than once. There is no AND/OR usage at this time. The next release of CB Conditional will be a major rewrite with AND/OR usage where what you're doing will be possible. See the below announcement for more details.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/237682-what-am-i-working-on

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jmaridon
  • jmaridon
6 years 11 months ago #298613 by jmaridon
Replied by jmaridon on topic Conditionals Working Incorrectly
Do you know approximately when this will be released?

Conditionals are essential to the operation of our business and I do mean essential. I have it working for now with the way I have it configured now but it is less than optimal.

I would hate to have to move to another solution instead of CB professional and CB subs just over conditionals.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298614 by krileon

Do you know approximately when this will be released?

Nope, I'm working on the rewrite as we speak, but I've no idea when it'll be done. Probably in a few weeks up to a month depending on how many issues I run into, but I'm also working on trying to update Joomlapolis to latest SP Page Builder so my coding time is split. At this time things are going well. I've most of the jQuery and PHP side of things for Tabs handling AND/OR conditions well and will move on to Fields soon. Last thing to do will be the migration code to move all the old conditional others and condition tabs 1 - 5 into the new usage and that'll be the truly difficulty part.

I would hate to have to move to another solution instead of CB professional and CB subs just over conditionals.

I am not aware of another solution existing that provides anywhere the power of CB Conditional as far as conditioning is concerned. If you know of anything we'd love to know as well as it's always a good thing to compare and gain inspiration from others.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jmaridon
  • jmaridon
6 years 11 months ago #298615 by jmaridon
Replied by jmaridon on topic Conditionals Working Incorrectly
If it would take about a month, that may work out fine since conditionals are working ok for now as is.

We considered moving to Virtuemart but decided to stick with CB & CB Subs just because of the time and money we have already invested. Simply getting support is getting frustrating though. There is no solution on the market, that I know of, besides community builder that requires paid members to post in forums as the only means of obtaining support.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298616 by krileon

Simply getting support is getting frustrating though. There is no solution on the market, that I know of, besides community builder that requires paid members to post in forums as the only means of obtaining support.

There are a large amount of extensions that use forums for support. Some use helpdesks or ticket solutions in combination with forums. Smaller extensions typically don't bother and just use emails. What issues do you have with using forums for support and what would you suggest to improve the experience? The forums allow the entire community to benefit from the support topics and are significantly easier for us to manage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon