Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder Profile Image settings?

• nettop
  • nettop
6 years 11 months ago #298646 by nettop
Is there a way to make a User's Community Builder Profile Image able to be set for members only view on a public profile? In other words, my members don't want the public to see their Profile Image, but they do want other members to view it.

I don't even see where the field is located to change the settings? Please help, thanks, Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298656 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Profile Image settings?
Yes, that's doable. You can enable privacy controls for fields by installing CB Privacy then edit the field within CB > Field Management under Integrations > CB Privacy. Users can then select who can see their field (e.g. in your case this would be the avatar field).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nettop
  • nettop
6 years 11 months ago #298673 by nettop
Replied by nettop on topic Community Builder Profile Image settings?
This is great...for most fields. However, the particular field I'd like to allow the user to control is the CB Profile Image. I don't see that listed on the fields list, so I don't know how I can control it...other than to give total control to users of the entire "Contact" tab...suggestions? Thanks, Tim

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Profile Image settings?
The profile image is the avatar field within CB > Field Management. You should be able to edit and enable privacy controls for it there. I don't really recommend doing so though since the avatar is used outside of their profile so often and it'll probably break design in locations that users can't see their avatar.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon