Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] PayPal Transaction Returning an error

• fede312
  • fede312
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298723 by fede312
I've activated it the PayPal payment, but when subscribing it returns to the website with the following error, and even though the transaction gets processed, it does not activate the subscription.

The payment notification does not match: currency, item name or number mismatch: IPN item_name (Subscription) does not match basket item_name (subscription for joesample) nor their trimmed sizes for IPN (Subscription) and basket (Subscription for joesample) nor their url- decoded form (Subscription).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298761 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Transaction Returning an error
Do you have any special characters or HTML in the plans name or alias? Review the IPN within CBSubs > Notifications and at the bottom is the raw IPN data where you can check for the variables PayPal sent back to see if the item_name looks correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

• fede312
  • fede312
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298776 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic PayPal Transaction Returning an error
No I'm not using the alias name is subscription.
Could it be the cache? for changing the plan amount to check the transaction, or using a coupon?

The notification type shows
IPN Amount/item mismatch / Fraud attempt

and the raw data shows

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by fede312.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298777 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Transaction Returning an error
There's a giant linebreak in the string for some reason. See the below.

Code:
'item_name' => 'Subscription for USERNAME',

That should be the "Payment basket item text" parameter within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets. I've no idea where that linebreak is coming from unless you override the following language string and added it maybe.

Code:
'ITEMSALIASES_FOR_USERNAME_4643af' => '[ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]',

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fede312
  • fede312
6 years 11 months ago #298780 by fede312
Is not from the language files.
That string ITEMSALIASES_FOR_USERNAME_4643af is intact.

What else can I check?

• fede312
  • fede312
6 years 11 months ago #298788 by fede312
I also get this error when it comes back to the page

Warning: var_export does not handle circular references in /home2/c9q8m0v9/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/paypal/cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php on line 1572

Moderators: beatnantkrileon