Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] PayPal Transaction Returning an error

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298801 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Transaction Returning an error
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. For some reason that language string is being broken with a linebreak which it shouldn't have.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fede312
  • fede312
6 years 11 months ago #298811 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic PayPal Transaction Returning an error
Understood. I've sent the backend and Ftp credentials to your PM.
Let me know when you find out, because the same thing is happening on the Spanish version of the site which is a different Joomla installation, on the same domain.

Thank you 1000.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Transaction Returning an error
It's certainly the item_name doing it. The basket has "Subscription(linebreak here) for joesample" and PayPal has "Subscription". So PayPal cut everyone off after the linebreak. The linebreak is being added after the plan name regardless of the plan name. A newly created plan with a random name and alias does not have this issue.

I compared the newly created plan and existing and the main difference is "Prepare content using CMS Content plugins". I set this to "No, do not run CMS {...} triggers", which resolved your issue for future payments. Unfortunately already broken payments can't be fixed as it was saved at PayPal broken.

What this means if you've a 3rd party installed Joomla content plugin that's adding a linebreak anywhere content prepare is being used. Specifically it's "Content - Shortcode Ultimate" causing your problem. They need to fix their content plugin ASAP. They should not be adding random linebreaks to content.

As you do not appear to need content prepare in your plans details I've went ahead and disabled it for your "Subscription" plan and confirmed everything is fine now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

• fede312
  • fede312
6 years 11 months ago #298830 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic PayPal Transaction Returning an error
Thank you very much, I would never have thought of that!
No worries about the payments, because the site is not under production yet,
I want to make sure everything works before launching.
I will contact the Ultimate shortcode people and let them know, asap

Thank you again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon