Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Duplicating fields in new website

• cgwhite
  • cgwhite
6 years 11 months ago #298793 by cgwhite
Duplicating fields in new website was created by cgwhite
I wish to copy the fields structure that I have in one site to a new site. We wish to run two separate CB sites with the same fields. What is the best way to copy the fields from one to the other. I am assuming that we can export the field structure from the database table to a new table in the other site but have no idea how to do that. If someone could help with this it would be great. We are not database experts so will need guidance with sql queries etc.

Regards,

Chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298804 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Duplicating fields in new website
Using phpmyadmin and exporting the tables (_comprofiler_fields and _comprofiler_field_values) then importing to your other site would be the easiest way to do this. You'll probably need to adjust the SQL file downloaded though as the table prefix probably won't be the same on both sites unless you set it the same during install of Joomla.

This is outside the scope of support though. We do not assist with such tasks, sorry. Contact your host if unfamiliar with phpmyadmin as they may have some tutorials available. CB has no official import/export functionality so there's nothing more we can suggest beyond this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon