Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upload Files in Profile Edit

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #298860 by Spiralmind
Upload Files in Profile Edit was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I have a CB Gallery enabled for uploading files. The upload option is only in the profile view when logged in but not in the edit profile area. I would like it to be the other way around if possible.

I cannot even see the files in the edit profile area.

Additionally, how could an admin manage the files in the backend? I'd like to see the list of files if possible for backend moderation.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LineMine
  • LineMine
6 years 11 months ago #298865 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Upload Files in Profile Edit
Hi

If you look in the Gallery plugin and click the Media button you should see all the file uploads there, for backend moderation.

As far as I can see there is no way to manage /upload/delete files in Profile Edit (but I'm just a CB user, not a Developer). In any case, as I'm sure you are aware, the Upload and other editing controls are only visible and available to the user of the profile, not anyone else, so they are essentially private.

Hope this helps.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #298867 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Upload Files in Profile Edit

LineMine wrote: Hi
If you look in the Gallery plugin and click the Media button you should see all the file uploads there, for backend moderation.

I did find this after I posted the question. I guess this will have to do.

LineMine wrote: As far as I can see there is no way to manage /upload/delete files in Profile Edit (but I'm just a CB user, not a Developer). In any case, as I'm sure you are aware, the Upload and other editing controls are only visible and available to the user of the profile, not anyone else, so they are essentially private.

This is not ideal as it adds a the tab in the profile edit but nothing is there. You can't manage the files or even see them. Hopefully I have missed a setting or they can amend this.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upload Files in Profile Edit
You can't manage the gallery from profile edit. It's strictly profile view from the Gallery tab. You can manage media in backend withing CB Gallery > Media.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298886 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Upload Files in Profile Edit
Hi, OK so why am I able to add that to the edit profile at all? It does nothing just shows an empty tab.

Two additional questions about the gallery plugin.

1. Is the progress option still work with it when it's not in the profile edit? I need photos and documents to be uploaded to profile completion. I just removed the gallery from "profile edit" in the settings and uploaded files in my profile but the progress says it's not complete.

2. Is there any other lightbox settings for the images? I have some odd things happening in the lightbox window. If there is no alternative can you consider updating this to be more user-friendly?

Here's what I see on my lightbox. Can't it just be the image without all the bordering?

On my phone these white bars are distracting.

Thank you

I am finding the component to be very powerful and I am happy with all the features so far.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Spiralmind. Reason: Updated 1. with my results.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upload Files in Profile Edit

1. Is the progress option still work with it when it's not in the profile edit? I need photos and documents to be uploaded to profile completion. I just removed the gallery from "profile edit" in the settings and uploaded files in my profile but the progress says it's not complete.

CB Gallery is not a field so no CB Progress Field can not work with it. You'd have to use image fields for that.

2. Is there any other lightbox settings for the images?

No, not unless you restyle it with CSS or through the template files.

I have some odd things happening in the lightbox window. If there is no alternative can you consider updating this to be more user-friendly?

I'm not sure how it's not user friendly. It's exactly like Facebook. The right side shows the avatar and name of the owner of the media. Below that is the description. Below that is the integrations space (e.g. you can have commenting when combined with CB Auto Actions and CB Activity). If anything it doesn't get more user friendly due to familiar UX.

On my phone these white bars are distracting.

There shouldn't be white bars there, but your Joomla template is likely adding those as those are using table elements to vertical align. My guess is your template is forcing a white background on tables. You can compare to our demo site below, which does not have white bars.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-gallery

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon