Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB User list country field display

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298989 by Thelowlandpiper
[SOLVED] CB User list country field display was created by Thelowlandpiper
Joomla 3.8.1 CB 2.1.3
I use query select fields for country and state/zone which store a number and display a text drawn from countries or states tables; how can i get a user list to display the text (for a Membership Directory)? I considered writing an SQL on registration that would copy the data into a separate 'country' field. The query that fills the country-select field is of the form 'SELECT `country_id`,`country_name` FROM `#__countries`. Is it possible to read the 'country_name' data from the field into a CBSubs Plan SQL query after Registration? Or is there a simpler solution?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #298997 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic CB User list country field display
And if I'm writing an SQL Actions query, can I use a substitute value to identify the user by ID? The notes to the SQL Actions plugin offer CB fields, but not the user ID

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #299000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB User list country field display
Don't understand what you're asking. The name should already be displayed if you're outputting country_name as the label for the options. Is the field not showing the country_name on profile of the country the user selected?

And if I'm writing an SQL Actions query, can I use a substitute value to identify the user by ID? The notes to the SQL Actions plugin offer CB fields, but not the user ID

You can substitute user id with [user_id].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon.

6 years 11 months ago #299006 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic CB User list country field display
Ah,; just checked the database for the comprofiler table to see that the data there is still text in the select fields; I have recently installed the j2Store extension and its CBsync app and it was this that required me to use numbers in the country and state fields (and it was their country and zone tables that provided the source for my query fields.)
I see now that there is more database updating to be done;

You can delete this forum thread

Moderators: beatnantkrileon