Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Online Application Requirements

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #299012 by Spiralmind
Online Application Requirements was created by Spiralmind
I am kind of stuck trying to figure something out and need help please. I realize I might be asking a lot but I feel there is a lot of potential with this system but I am not familiar with how the addons work.

1. I am going to have a few tabs with fields that need to be filled in in the profile editing.
2. I cannot require the fields because I need them to work on this when they want and not require it all at once. You can't save your profile if any are not complete.
3. They will choose certain things and their progress will be shown. This is the tricky part because they can choose some of each to equal 100%.
4. When they get to 100% we (the admin) will get notified of this.

I started watching the video on CB Auto Actions and am pretty sure this may be the ticket for this.

Questions:

1. Can I somehow assign a point value to each field and have them add up a total which calculates the progress %?

If not

2. Can I create auto actions that check off hidden fields that I assign as progress indicators? This one is tricky to explain. There are a few sections with multiple choices in each. They need to choose 3 out of 8 in section one. I somehow need to trigger these to show progress so I make the progress field system work. Currently If I set them all to progress fields and they only need to choose some it's not going to ever get to 100%.

Or

3. Somehow only include the fields they choose for progress. So exclude the ones they don't pick?

Any help on this is huge.

Thank you
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Spiralmind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299024 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Online Application Requirements
CB Progress Field ignores fields they can't access. So you could make the profile progressive using CB Conditional to show/hide more fields based off completing others. If that won't work for you then sounds like your only alternative is CB Query Field or CB Code Field where you'll need to write SQL or PHP to calculate your own completeness value. I suppose you could also end up using something like 20 auto actions to increment an integer field if they fill out a field with 1 auto action per field.

Once you've how you want to track completeness figured out the email aspect is a matter of acting on after user update trigger and conditioning against the field tracking progress then sending out an email if the progress is 100 (CB Progress Field returns a value of 0-100 when substituted in).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299025 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Online Application Requirements
Code:
CB Progress Field ignores fields they can't access. So you could make the profile progressive using CB Conditional to show/hide more fields based off completing others.

This sounds very promising. Could you elaborate a little bit on this? I am creating a set of fields that are set with ACL above them or how is this done? Can these fields be numbers so to speak? Each one of our things is either 1 or 2 points. I could assign multiple fields to equal different values?

Could I have 2 alerts to admins? Once on 80% and one on 100%?

This system is really something. How did I not know about it for 7 years??

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299027 by krileon
Forget points. That's not how CB Progress Field works. If the field can be edited by the user it'll be considered for completeness. So for example if it's disabled via a view access level condition then CB Progress Field ignores it for completeness since the user can't access it. Same for if the field is set to display based off the value of another field and that condition doesn't match so it ignores it since again the user can't access it.

You can not assign a point value to a field without developing your own solution for that as explained above using Query or Code field.

Could I have 2 alerts to admins? Once on 80% and one on 100%?

Yes, the [FIELD_NAME] substitution for a CB Progress Field will give you a value of 0 to 100 based off completeness (it's the percent complete).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299029 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Online Application Requirements
I think I am starting to see the plan then. All of the fields that are choices have a field that is revealed if they chose to use that one. So the progress could be based off that second field not the checkbox that opens it. Is this correct?

My clients application has 2 levels and some each choice is either 1 or 2 points. Very confusing to develop something with a unknown system. Good thing for you guys!

Is there a way to show point values unrelated to progress?

Can a field that they cannot edit be revealed by conditional logic that counts? Like text that says "you scored 2 points" and gets added to the progress? I'm trying to figure this all out and am not even sure how it works completely. There sure seems to be a way to do anything if you know how to go about it.

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299033 by krileon

I think I am starting to see the plan then. All of the fields that are choices have a field that is revealed if they chose to use that one. So the progress could be based off that second field not the checkbox that opens it. Is this correct?

I guess, it's entirely up to you how they progress though. Whether you just have more fields show as they complete other fields or you've a checkbox to toggle the next level of fields or you have different profile types with different sets of fields available, etc..

Is there a way to show point values unrelated to progress?

I've no idea where you keep getting points values from. There is no points values per field or anything like that. If you want points per field then you need to develop that, which you can do with some custom PHP in a Code field probably.

Can a field that they cannot edit be revealed by conditional logic that counts? Like text that says "you scored 2 points" and gets added to the progress? I'm trying to figure this all out and am not even sure how it works completely. There sure seems to be a way to do anything if you know how to go about it.

No, if the field can not be edited it will be ignored by CB Progress Field for completeness.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon