Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Online Application Requirements

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299040 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Online Application Requirements
Now I am stuck again. Too many variables in my clients set of requirements.

Is there any way to have each tab have it's own requirement set? Not force them to fill out all required fields in all tabs to save the application. This is one of my big challenges because some things are straight up required and it would be nice to force certain things without the progress being involved.

If not can the profile be set to some kind of multiple page/tab system where they have to complete something before then next thing opens. This still kind of requires being able to save things without all info filled in. Perhaps it's the same as the other where if it's not shown it's not required until they see it?

Sorry this is such a mess. I know there is a way.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299042 by Spiralmind
I almost had an idea working. I was able to hide the next tab and make a field in that tab required. However when I selected the field in the tab showing and clicked update it showed an error. Is there anyway to save the profile, show the hidden tab that is triggered by the field but not have an error until they try and save it again without the new required filed filled in?

This may solve many of my issues being able to actually set things to required. Like I said my main hurdle is not being able to set fields to required and allow them to save part of the profile. I know that's counterintuitive but not in my case. No one can finish this application in one sitting. So the hidden tab with the next set of things some required is not working with that error.

Is there a way around this?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Online Application Requirements

Is there any way to have each tab have it's own requirement set? Not force them to fill out all required fields in all tabs to save the application. This is one of my big challenges because some things are straight up required and it would be nice to force certain things without the progress being involved.

If the tab or field is hidden by CB Conditional then its required state is ignored. The only way to ignore the required state is to make the field unaccessible either through conditions or ACL.

If not can the profile be set to some kind of multiple page/tab system where they have to complete something before then next thing opens. This still kind of requires being able to save things without all info filled in. Perhaps it's the same as the other where if it's not shown it's not required until they see it?

You can condition subsequent tabs or fields to show based off the value of the last field in the last tab being complete. There is no multi-page registration or profile edit functionality in CB. You could have a checkbox field at the end of each tab that asks if they're ready to continue. They'd check that checkbox and it'd show the next tab. You'd do this for each tab basically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299060 by Spiralmind
Which does not work. The new tab immediately shows an error when clicking update on the last tab. Don't want a bunch of error messages.

I would rather figure out the database query option as this method would be better. The hidden required tab option has some other oddities I found.

I hope we can solve this somehow. Most everything else is great just this confusing application piece.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Online Application Requirements

Which does not work. The new tab immediately shows an error when clicking update on the last tab. Don't want a bunch of error messages.

It works perfectly fine. See our demo site where it's working perfectly fine (fields 2-4 are marked required). You likely have a condition conflict. A field can only be conditioned once.

I would rather figure out the database query option as this method would be better. The hidden required tab option has some other oddities I found.

CB Query Field simply executes the SQL you supply it and displays it. That's all it does. It's not going to toggle the required states of fields or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon