Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Custom Developer Services

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299105 by Spiralmind
Custom Developer Services was created by Spiralmind
Hello, do you offer any paid development services for users? I am not a coder and do not want a outsider creating anything for your system. Could I hire you to create something for my site to enhance your CB functionality for my needs?. Preferably for an addition to the system for all to use an be updated.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299109 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom Developer Services
We do not offer custom coding services, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299112 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Custom Developer Services
I know there are a bunch of 3rd party extensions in the JED. How stable or future-proof would a addon like calculating a point value plugin be if a good developer did it? My concern is 3 years from now it's not working and the developer is gone.

Do you have any recommendations for companies that do CB plugin development? That would be helpful.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #299114 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Custom Developer Services
You probably don't need a plugin for that. A code field with a some PHP and a bunch of IF conditions could likely accomplish what you're wanting. Example as follows.

Code:
$points = 0; if ( (int) $user->get( 'FIELD_NAME' ) == 1 ) { // Checkbox Field $points += 2; // Worth 2 Points } if ( $user->get( 'FIELD_NAME' ) != '' ) { // Text Field $points += 1; // Worth 1 Points } if ( (int) $user->get( 'FIELD_NAME' ) > 0 ) { // Integer Field $points += 5; // Worth 5 Points } return $points;

If you need the value stored in the database I guess a bunch of CB Auto Actions usages could do the same to increment an integer field.

How stable or future-proof would a addon like calculating a point value plugin be if a good developer did it? My concern is 3 years from now it's not working and the developer is gone.

No idea. It'd of course need to be maintained by the developer or your self. CB 3.0 will certainly release in the next 3 years, which will have massive API changes (all legacy API will be gone).

Do you have any recommendations for companies that do CB plugin development?

Sorry, I do not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299119 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Custom Developer Services
No, I don't think it needs to be in a database. Just shown to me or users on that summary page or somewhere else I want.

So that's how simple it may be to do that? Interesting.

You guys are super helpful!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon