Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Save and Continue vs Update or Both

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299132 by Spiralmind
Save and Continue vs Update or Both was created by Spiralmind
Hello, is it possible to add a save and continue button along with the Update button on the profile edit? Or replace it with save. For my purpose it may be better to not take them out to their profile each time and have to click back up to edit.

With that said, why is the edit profile option burred in a menu item that has no other selections? Can't the edit just be the thing the click on to edit the profile not open the actual edit your profile option? What else could be in the "Edit" dropdown menu in your profile?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save and Continue vs Update or Both

Hello, is it possible to add a save and continue button along with the Update button on the profile edit? Or replace it with save. For my purpose it may be better to not take them out to their profile each time and have to click back up to edit.

The buttons are a part of CBs template files. I suppose you could create a new CB template and override them. You could also just redirect back to profile edit on the onAfterUserProfileSaved trigger if you want them to go to profile edit instead of profile view after updating. We don't have a usecase covering what you're trying to do so you're going to have to implement it by some means such as the redirect.

With that said, why is the edit profile option burred in a menu item that has no other selections? Can't the edit just be the thing the click on to edit the profile not open the actual edit your profile option? What else could be in the "Edit" dropdown menu in your profile?

Just how CB Menu was designed. It originally was not designed to support top level menu links. I guess you could add one using CB Auto Actions or use a Joomla menu item on a Joomla menu module somewhere on the page. CB Menu will be completely rewritten eventually to improve its usage further as well as provide a backend for easily adding new custom menu items without needing to use CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #299198 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Save and Continue vs Update or Both
That was easy!

Thank you
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Spiralmind. Reason: Figured it out

Moderators: beatnantkrileon