Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade fails

• sirweb
  • sirweb
6 years 11 months ago #299261 by sirweb
Upgrade fails was created by sirweb
I (still) have problems upgrading CB thru the plugin manager/Install from web.
Tried to install Community Builder version 2.1.3+build.2017.11.16.20.21.51.1a2f01fa1 today.
I am logged in on Joomlapolis.
CB appears in the update list, but clicking the update button results in a 401 Unauthorized error message.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299278 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade fails
Works perfectly fine in my tests. No idea what to suggest. Your server could be blocking the HTTPS request maybe if cURL isn't available or configured properly. It uses a jsonp request in order to utilize cross-domain cookies to allow it to detect you're logged in at JP. Be sure you're logged in at JP in the same browser before trying to use Install from Web so your cookie exists. Next try refreshing the Install from Web with the refresh link on the bottom right.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

• sirweb
  • sirweb
6 years 11 months ago #299312 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Upgrade fails
Thanks for your suggestions.
curl is enabled, logged in with same browser (IE).
Will try to refresh next time an update is enabled.

Forgot to mention...
All plugins install updates as they should without problems. Only CB Core fails.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #299319 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade fails
Try Firefox or Chrome. IE may not respect JSONP requests.

All plugins install updates as they should without problems. Only CB Core fails.

That's pretty strange. No idea why only CB would fail to update. I've purged the download cache from our end, maybe that will help.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon.

• nant
  • nant
6 years 11 months ago #299331 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgrade fails

shultman wrote: I (still) have problems upgrading CB thru the plugin manager/Install from web.
Tried to install Community Builder version 2.1.3+build.2017.11.16.20.21.51.1a2f01fa1 today.
I am logged in on Joomlapolis.
CB appears in the update list, but clicking the update button results in a 401 Unauthorized error message.

Any ideas?

Check you php file upload size parameter

• sirweb
  • sirweb
6 years 11 months ago #299333 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Upgrade fails

nant wrote: Check you php file upload size parameter

128M

Will check IE too, next time Nightly build is available.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon