Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade fails

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
6 years 7 months ago #302874 by boyjahq
I am recently experiencing the same thing when updating from Install From Web/Updates (items I already have installed that have updates available). All plugins download and install just fine. Only Community Builder refuses to update, giving the error message:

Since numerous plugins are able to download and install without incident, it would suggest that all is working properly from my end, I am logged into Joomlapolis, etc. Only CB fails and only sometimes. Other times (5 or 6 days ago?) it worked without issue, along with all the nightly build plugin updates. But this error has occurred before, just not every time.

Also of note, none of the links to any of the software items listed under Install From Web have ever worked properly. They all seem to be appending unknown URL stuff to my own server's settings. For example, when I click the title of the Community Builder update from Install From Web listing

The link is www.wwoofjapan.com/home/administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=3&Itemid=128 , which leads to a "404 Component not found." error, which makes sense since we do not use the SP Page Builder component. For reference, next two title links (also lead to same 404Component not found error):

CB Package Builder Search Bot
www.wwoofjapan.com/home/administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=61&Itemid=201

CB Package Builder Module
www.wwoofjapan.com/home/administrator/index.php?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=61&Itemid=201
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302910 by krileon

Since numerous plugins are able to download and install without incident, it would suggest that all is working properly from my end, I am logged into Joomlapolis, etc. Only CB fails and only sometimes. Other times (5 or 6 days ago?) it worked without issue, along with all the nightly build plugin updates. But this error has occurred before, just not every time.

You maybe trying to download when we update our site, which temporarily is blocking your access to package builder. It could also be that your token has expired as download URLs do not refresh your token (refreshing the install from web does). This should all be pretty rare situations though and likely easily fixed by clicking the refresh button at bottom right. If it happens again try refreshing and see if it works fine then.

Also of note, none of the links to any of the software items listed under Install From Web have ever worked properly. They all seem to be appending unknown URL stuff to my own server's settings. For example, when I click the title of the Community Builder update from Install From Web listing

Was able to confirm and have added a bug ticket to investigate and fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7075

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sirweb
  • sirweb
6 years 7 months ago #303171 by sirweb
I also still have the same issue.
I just updated 3 plugin (with IE 11) from Install from Web, it went fine.
But updating CB Core fails with a Download error.
(in IR, there is no refresh icon at the bottom)

I swapped to latest Chrome, first logged in to Joomlapolis,
then logged in to my site, clicked the Refresh button in CB updater, to be sure there is a connection.
Update CB Core still fails with the same message.

Max upload file size is set to 128M.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #303178 by krileon
No idea, worked fine this morning when I updated our demo site. Just install it manually if it fails for you. The refresh button shows bottom right if you're viewing a cached output of the install from web; initial load won't have a refresh button since the install from web is outputting as up to date already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sirweb
  • sirweb
6 years 7 months ago #303200 by sirweb
Yes, I will continue with namual install.
Let´s drop this thread. :)

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
6 years 5 months ago #304460 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Upgrade fails
I also have this problem.. web-update does not work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon