Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Edit user backendkicks me off site

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #299432 by Spiralmind
When I try and edit a user in the admin area of my site logged in as a super user when I save a field in their profile it redirects me to the frontend and says please login in first. I use Chrome for admin site.

This is a new issue I did not have before.

Thank you
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299532 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Edit user backendkicks me off site
Hello, I am assuming this is due to the redirect I set for users working on the profile to return them back to their profile edit when clicking update. How can I stop this from happening on the backend for admins?

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Edit user backendkicks me off site
Use onAfterUserProfileSaved trigger in your redirect action which fires at the very end of profile edit process. I'm guessing you're currently using onAfterUserUpdate (frontend) and onAfterUpdateUser (backend).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299544 by Spiralmind
Perhaps I have that set but did not do this intentionally. I do not know how to see if that is the case. I can't find a frontend or backend reference in this action.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Edit user backendkicks me off site
It doesn't tell you if a trigger is frontend or backend specific as it doesn't really know. We've the below trigger reference tutorial, but it doesn't exactly say either. In short just ask if unsure.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18358-using-cb-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299559 by Spiralmind
Not quite following you here. Can you tell me how to only make this frontend specific please? I am unsure.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon