Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Display Gallery Field Description

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299577 by Spiralmind
Display Gallery Field Description was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I have been trying to figure this out and cannot. I don't like bothering you so much but need help.

I have a tab that I assigned a gallery field to. I am trying to add some text for instructions but cannot get the field or tab description text to show up. You told me to use the Parameters > Layout > Icons Display to show descriptions but it's not work here.

Is there a way to show the description text?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299583 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Gallery Field Description
Field descriptions do not display in profile view. Descriptions are profile edit and registration only. Gallery fields are passed through layout function though so you can use the below usage for example to display text before or after the gallery display.

Profile Value Layout:
Code:
<p>My description here</p> [value]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299588 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Display Gallery Field Description
Awesome, thank you!

I have watched the tutorial and tried reading all the documentation on tab privacy but cannot get this tab to be private for admins and the user when logged in.

Can you tell me what settings in the tab I need to use to do this? I wish there was just a simple option to say "private" which only showed it to the user who is logged in. I've spent an hour and am just not able to get this one.

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299589 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Gallery Field Description
There is a privacy option of Private. Set the private for the tab as follows under Integrations > CB Privacy.

Display: Forced privacy control
Default: Private

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299590 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Display Gallery Field Description
Thanks, I thought I tried that but now it's working.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon