Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Stop notifications when user not approved

6 years 10 months ago #299810 by hawkeyedesign
Stop notifications when user not approved was created by hawkeyedesign
Does anyone know if it's possible to ensure that NO notifications are sent to a user if we have denied their registration request? We have setup a site that is for a clients' customers, and we do not want to approve competitors, but would prefer if no further notifications are sent out if we decide not to approve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299823 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stop notifications when user not approved
Translate the rejection language keys to empty string and they won't send. Specifically the below strings.

UE_REG_REJECT_SUB
UE_USERREJECT_MSG

You can do this using language overrides explained below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #299837 by hawkeyedesign
Replied by hawkeyedesign on topic Stop notifications when user not approved
Thanks, that's great - really helpful!

6 years 10 months ago #299840 by hawkeyedesign
Replied by hawkeyedesign on topic Stop notifications when user not approved
Do you mean change to:

'UE_REG_REJECT_SUB' => '',
'UE_USERREJECT_MSG' => '',

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stop notifications when user not approved

hawkeyedesign wrote: Do you mean change to:

'UE_REG_REJECT_SUB' => '',
'UE_USERREJECT_MSG' => '',

Yes, but do so using the language overrides usage. Should work fine to specify the key with no string to override it to empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon