Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add website to end of page title?

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300230 by Spiralmind
Add website to end of page title? was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I have enabled the Joomla setting Site Name in Page Titles = After but it only adds this to site pages not CB profiles pages. Can this be done? I am using State City names and want them clearly distinguished in search engine results.

On the same note. I have some profiles with a clean URL

cb-profile/browncounty

Some add a number and the component string, there are no duplicate names so I am just wondering.

cb-profile/648-portwashington

Is there some way to configure this differently?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #300241 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add website to end of page title?

Hello, I have enabled the Joomla setting Site Name in Page Titles = After but it only adds this to site pages not CB profiles pages.

CB does not utilize that prefix when it's adjusting page titles.

Can this be done?

Believe only way is to probably translate the page title language strings and manually add it there, but I don't think all page titles have a language string. You can override them using your menu items though since menu item page title is parsed for by CB. You can also override them using CB Auto Actions.

Some add a number and the component string, there are no duplicate names so I am just wondering.

Their username wasn't SEF safe. Contained a space, etc.. If that's the case it gets converted and prefixed with the user id as that's the only way to find their profile again. You can use the Profile URL field if you want to allow them to supply their own non-id prefixed profile URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by krileon.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #300246 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Add website to end of page title?
Can you add this to the component so the website title can be used per Joomla's settings? I really need to have this. I can't stress the importance of this.

As for the spaces in the username, I found the issue, opening and saving them fixed it.

Thank you
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Spiralmind.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300274 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add website to end of page title?
We already have a bug ticket regarding sitename prefix not working on CB pages.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6842

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300275 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Add website to end of page title?
Very much appreciated!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon