Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profiles to private not working

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300249 by Spiralmind
Profiles to private not working was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I have some users set to private in their profile settings but I can still see them in the list and other places in a public browser setting. I did not really change any of the privacy plugin settings so not sure what is not set correctly.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #300281 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profiles to private not working
Ensure CB Privacy within CB > Plugin Management is public and published. Next be sure Moderator View Access Level is set correctly within CB > Configuration > Moderation as you maybe giving everyone (including Public) moderator permissions as moderators are exempt from privacy controls.

Profile Privacy also by default only blocks direct access to a users profile. You need to manually select what fields you also want it to protect outside of their profile within the profile privacy fields parameters in CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by krileon.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300291 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Profiles to private not working
Plugin is public and published. I had issues before and found it was set to registered which fixed the tab privacy problem.

In Global configuration it's set like you instructed.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish so maybe this is not the best option anyway. I have people who will register with the site and I need to approve them so they can login and work on their profile/application. Enabled, Approved and Confirmed all must be on for them to login from my tests. So I cannot use that method to hide them from the frontend. If Privacy does not hide them from the list and count then it won't work anyway.

Would creating a new user group in Joomla and assigning them to that be better? This would probably hide them from everywhere.

I would still like to figure out the privacy part though for other use.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300294 by krileon

Here is what I am trying to accomplish so maybe this is not the best option anyway. I have people who will register with the site and I need to approve them so they can login and work on their profile/application. Enabled, Approved and Confirmed all must be on for them to login from my tests. So I cannot use that method to hide them from the frontend

If they're not approved, confirmed, or enabled they won't show on frontend to begin with. I'm not sure why you need privacy controls to hide them in that case.

If Privacy does not hide them from the list and count then it won't work anyway.

It can hide them from lists. Ensure "Direct Access" within CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Profile is set to Disabled and ensure Profile Privacy is set to Private. Should be all you need to do. It doesn't change the count though, but will remove their user row in the userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300306 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Profiles to private not working
I need the count to show only non private users.

If they're not approved, confirmed, or enabled they won't show on frontend to begin with. I'm not sure why you need privacy controls to hide them in that case.

So what I am saying is they must be approved, confirmed and enabled to even be able to login.

They may or may not get approved. However they need to go through and fill in the profile edit application I set up. I do not want them show until they get approved and so the count must not show and no reference to them on the site except for admins.

So it sounds like creating a custom group in Joomla and assigning them to that is the only way to do this completely. Is this sound correct? Just so they can login and edit their profile but be completely hidden from registered, public and guest views and any CB count of users.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300308 by krileon

I need the count to show only non private users.

CB Privacy does not adjust the count. It currently can not due to how the userlist is constructed in CB.

So it sounds like creating a custom group in Joomla and assigning them to that is the only way to do this completely. Is this sound correct?

That sounds like the best solution as you'd just exclude that usergroup from your userlist. An alternative is a checkbox field that you toggle yes/no as needed and filter your userlist based off that checkbox field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

Moderators: beatnantkrileon