Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Large Grid List Page Slow to Load

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300269 by Spiralmind
Large Grid List Page Slow to Load was created by Spiralmind
Hello, could you help me figure out why the page loads slowly with 1009 members? I have it set with a grid layout and photos.

This message contains confidential information

You mentioned caching is not the best idea with CB but perhaps that may help? My client wants to list all the members not use pagination.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300276 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Large Grid List Page Slow to Load
Turning off the avatar seems to fix it. Adding some caching helps but not on initial load when cache was cleared.

If you have any other ideas I would appreciate it.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300288 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Large Grid List Page Slow to Load
Your userlist shows 109 users. That's 109 profiles to load and 109 images to load. Depending on the sizing parameters for your avatar field you maybe trying to load in a lot of very large images. Userlist uses thumbnail output for images so the avatars should be quite small and fast unless you changed this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300293 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Large Grid List Page Slow to Load
How could I check the thumbnail settings for this? I don't remember it being slow so I must of changed something by accident.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Large Grid List Page Slow to Load
My default the avatar field uses the parameters set within CB > Configuration > Images unless you override them within the avatar fields parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

Moderators: beatnantkrileon