Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Feature Request - Blog Images

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300375 by Spiralmind
Feature Request - Blog Images was created by Spiralmind
Hello, perhaps this is already possible but if not could this be added somehow?

I have my editor locked down so no image options are available. With over a hundred users I see no way to manage this effectively. Mostly being able to limit the images so they can't fill up the server. Also mixing up all the images in one folder would be much too confusing for the users.

Can a photo upload be setup so they can add one image per blog post and it goes into their user profile folder? This way I can delete the files if they are deleted as a user.

The image could be set to a certain position via css in the post.

I plan to use the blog feature and set it to Joomla so if there is some method you already know of can you help me?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300384 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Feature Request - Blog Images
CB has no control over your WYSIWYG editor. Suggest looking into using JCE where you have more options to control how users can use the editor.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300388 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Feature Request - Blog Images
I completely get that. That is why I am asking for some help to make this part of the CB. There is no way to make this work in JCE.

My hope was a image field from CB which gets uploaded to the profile folder and is one image limit. Then some way to add it to the article content area using content bot or whatever would work.

Or do you have any other ideas that may be helpful. Forget JCE, I can't see any way to use this. I am asking because the blog feature is part of your program that incorporates with Joomla already.

It seems like a good idea? Otherwise the user can add unlimited photos to each blog post. Even allowing the images and links to be accessed would be a start. Then they could only upload 2 can I suppose JCE could force a certain size on upload.

Can you give this some thought?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300390 by krileon
There will be no image management implemented specifically for CB Blogs. That's entirely a functionality of the WYSIWYG editor. The best I can suggest is possibly a way to insert images from their CB Gallery profile gallery using a button (there's already a content plugin to insert images with shortcodes from CB Gallery). Added a CB Gallery feature ticket to review implementing an editor button for easy insert of profile gallery entries.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6928

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300392 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Feature Request - Blog Images
That could be an acceptable solution I guess.

Can you elaborate on how this will be accomplished during the blog creation process? This is what you are adding the ticket for?

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300394 by krileon
The button you're using to add images currently is just an editor button for managing Joomla images. The button added by CB Gallery would just let them browse/search their own profile gallery images and with a single click insert them into their blog. They won't be able to upload from this and will simply be a means of easily inserting their profile gallery photos into their blog.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon