Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add Tab in user management

• umm Amir
  • umm Amir
6 years 10 months ago #300454 by umm Amir
Add Tab in user management was created by umm Amir
Hi,
I want to add a tab in the administration area of "User Management". I have groupjive and see I can "add users to a group". I would also like to create a tab that allows me to "create groups" from here as well. This is so my staff can add and create groups from the user management without having access to the rest of the groupjive plugin. Is there a code I can put in a file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300463 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add Tab in user management
You'd have to create a new CB plugin that extends that XML view with your own XML like CB GroupJive does. See the below file for example as to how CB GorupJive is doing this.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/xml/views/view.com_comprofiler.showusers.xml

Do not modify the above as you will lose your changes every time you update GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• umm Amir
  • umm Amir
6 years 10 months ago #300550 by umm Amir
Replied by umm Amir on topic Add Tab in user management
This is the code for the "add users to groups" which is already in the file...

<toolbarmenu>
<menu insert-node-after="reconfirm" name="addgjgroups" action="linkAction" task="users" link="javascript:cbDoListTask(this, 'gjaddgroups','usersbrowser[subtask]','addgjgroups','cbusersbrowserid');" label="Add Clients to Consultation Room" />
</toolbarmenu>

What would the code be to add a New Group?
ie. Group Name, Category, Owner, upload canvas, upload logo, save (those are the only required actions for the tab)

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300572 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add Tab in user management
You can't add a tab there. You mean add a new menu item for that? There's a menu item at the top of your admin backend view that will directly take you to Add New Group page without needing to do any of this. Example as follows.

The above is provided by the "CB Admin Dropdown Menu" admin module. You can enable GJ menu output by editing "CB Admin Dropdown Menu" within Extensions > Modules and changing Site to Administrator from the filter dropdown then under Menus tab set "CB GroupJive Menu" to "Show".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon