Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Usecase of a quote that we have

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
6 years 10 months ago #300464 by liaskas
Usecase of a quote that we have was created by liaskas
Hello

We have a quote for a new project that has the following usecase among the others an we want to know if this is possible through CB or any other plugin related to CB.

Description:

We need a way to have a MAIN USER ACCOUNT and Sub-Accounts (max 7), under this MAIN ACCOUNT.

The goal is to have a main company account, and sub-accounts for each of the company departments like "tech department", "Sales department" etc.

Each sub-account must have it's own username and password. The main company account must have access to all the accounts.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300466 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Usecase of a quote that we have
CB has no functionality for limited scope moderator usage. Basically what you're needing is User A is a CB Moderator of Users B, C, D, etc.. That functionality however does not exist. So depending on what you mean by having access to those accounts will determine whether this is doable at all. If you mean User A needs to be able to see the profiles of Users B, C, D, etc.. you maybe able to do that with a usergroup per manager and CB Privacy with its forced privacy controls.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon