Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Privacy Settings per field per user only

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300520 by Spiralmind
Privacy Settings per field per user only was created by Spiralmind
Hello, is it possible to set privacy for a single field for a single user? We need to approve new fields and if they need to fix it we were hoping to set this to private until they fix them.

Thank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300525 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy Settings per field per user only
Privacy controls are already per user per field. Simply enable privacy controls within the fields parameters under Integrations > CB Privacy then edit the user and adjust the fields privacy for them as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300541 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Privacy Settings per field per user only
Hello, can a text edit field be set? I cannot get the selector to show up on one, only checkboxes.

Also does this somehow add any css selectors or can I so I can highlight these for the user to see when logged in? E.g. red text, shaded background.

If not a css option is there anyway to list them on a tab somehow but leave them in their original location? So the the user can see all the fields they must fix.

I guess I am just looking for a way to help identify these when a user is looking at their profile.

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy Settings per field per user only

Hello, can a text edit field be set? I cannot get the selector to show up on one, only checkboxes.

Privacy works for all fields. Even Custom HTML fields if you set the Custom HTML field to display in profile edit. Note the field must be set to display on profile or it won't have any privacy controls.

Also does this somehow add any css selectors or can I so I can highlight these for the user to see when logged in? E.g. red text, shaded background.

It adds a button next to the field to expand the privacy selector. It has several CSS classes that you can use to restyle it however you like.

If not a css option is there anyway to list them on a tab somehow but leave them in their original location? So the the user can see all the fields they must fix.

Not at this time, but I'm planning to add a Privacy field where you'll be able to supply an Asset to protect manually. This way you could for example move all the privacy controls to a single tab for all your fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

Moderators: beatnantkrileon