Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity Comment, no submit???

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 10 months ago #300545 by fribse2011
CB Activity Comment, no submit??? was created by fribse2011
Hi All

I set up CB activity as a commenting function for my frontpage of the site.
The frontpage is a BLOG layout of articles, and I've entered this in the 'include context' "com_content.category,com_content.article".
It shows the comment field, but I don't see any way to submit the comment, and pressing enter just produces a newline.
Activity version is 4.1.0+build.2017.12.22.20.06.24.cedd03d9a

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300571 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Comment, no submit???
Should look like the below if using the collapsed output and the comment input was clicked otherwise will look like the below without a cancel button. There's no code for conditionally hiding the post button.

Did you modify the template files or override any of them with your own template files? If so please switch back to default CB Activity template then compare your overridden files with defaults and update your custom template. If you're not overriding the template files my best guess is a CSS conflict is causing the button to hide and suggest switching to default Joomla protostar template to see if it's Joomla template CSS doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 9 months ago #300652 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic CB Activity Comment, no submit???
Hi Kyle

No, I didn't create any override.
The button has just vanished.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Comment, no submit???
That's very strange. My best guess is some CSS is doing it. Try right clicking and using inspect element where the button should be to review the HTML structure. It should be inside the div with CSS class commentContainerFooterRowRight with a parent CSS class of commentContainerFooterRow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon