Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Privacy icon misleading for editing user

• MMDoege
  • MMDoege
6 years 10 months ago #300554 by MMDoege
Hello,

we'd like to force hiding specific fields from being displayed to visitors of a user profile.
We set CB Privacy

display = "forced privacy control"
default = "private"

to not let user change this setting (see screenshot).
However this is not reflected to user editing this field as the icon says field is visible (see screenshot).
This at least confusing and misleading when typing confidential data.
However other members are indeed unable to see the field - CB Privacy works properly.

Did we apply the right method to achieve hiding confidential data?
How to improve it?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300573 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy icon misleading for editing user
CB Privacy doesn't toggle the display of that icon. That icon is entirely based off the field being set to display on profile or not. You can suppress it by editing the field and under Parameters > Layout override how icons display using "Icons Display" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon