Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Use case related to fields

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
6 years 9 months ago #300623 by liaskas
Use case related to fields was created by liaskas
Is there a way to have a field of some type that will be used to include 2 other fields in it?

I have searched forums and found that there is a way to have a custom html field that will have [field_A] [field_B] in ti, but...

it does not seem to work on registration form.

What we need...

cb_field_1 -> Text field
cb_field_2 -> Text field

cb_field_3 (custom html or something else) with [cb_field_1] [cb_field_2] as content, but we need to be available to use it in registration form. This means that cb_field_1 and cb_field_2 must show as fields in cb_field_3.

Is it possible and how?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300628 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use case related to fields
You'd just substitute them into a Custom HTML field as you've discovered except you are using the raw substituted value with [FIELD_NAME] usage. You are likely wanting the HTML output of a field so you need to use [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] usage. See the below substitution tutorial for further usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
6 years 9 months ago #300633 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Use case related to fields
Thank you Krileon or your answer, but probably i was not clear enough on my question.

I am sending an image so that you can understand better what we need. I have read the substitutions tutorial several times and i am using substitutions for years.

Please check the image so that we are sure we are talking about the same thing.

According to your suggestion i created a custom html field (image1), but what i get on registration page is (image2).

What we need to have is... (image3)

image1

image2

image3
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300635 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use case related to fields
It's unlikely you'll be able to do that, but you can try the below usage.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" reason="register" /]

It would probably just be easier to have 1 field displayed after another as follows.

Field 1
Title: 1st department email
Show on Registration: Yes, 1 Line with Title

Field 2
Show on Registration: yes, 1 Line without Title

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon