Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Activity Wall

6 years 9 months ago #300857 by GeckoSocial
Activity Wall was created by GeckoSocial
Hi Kyle,

Further to topic #6945 I am still trying to implement notifications when a user posts a comment onto the Activity Feed in GroupJive.
You said previously “However with the build released today the CB Activity action type in CB Auto Actions will be up to date to handle notifications so you'll of course be able to create your own notification logging actions.”

I can get notifications to work when a user posts on the Wall only, but when a user posts to the activity feed, there is no notifications being generated and I cannot get auto actions to generate one.

I have tried using:

Trigger: activity_onAfterCreateComment
Type: CB Activity
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody

Action
Mode: Notification
Method: Create
Asset: groupjive.group.[var7_id]
owner: [var3_id]
User: [var4_id]

I based this on System Action – “CB GroupJive Wall - Create Notification”

Additionally, how would I display a notification icon/widget somewhere within my template – I have looked at the CB Activity module to achieve this, setting mode to Activity with notifications as Asset – but this is not showing any notifications (even ones generated by the wall)

All I want to achieve is a notification when a user posts to the activity feed/wall in a group, and for that notification to be displayed within a module/area of the template - at the moment I can only get wall posts to show on the notification icon/area of the profile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity Wall
There's already notifications for commenting on CB Activity activity entries. Simply publish the "CB Activity - Comment Notification" system action.

All I want to achieve is a notification when a user posts to the activity feed/wall in a group

There's no notification for this. Who is it supposed to be notifying? Your connections when you post on that stream? It doesn't know it's in GJ and it doesn't know what users are in that group. If you want to notify every user in a group when a post is made on the groups activity stream powered by CB Activity then right now you can't without writing your own PHP for custom user parsing behavior or waiting for the improvements to Global activity and notifications, which I'm working on now, and logging a global notification when a new post is made. Your request is the same as the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238241-6962-how-to-send-notification-to-all-group-members-about-soemone-posting-in-a-group#300802

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon