Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Required Query field; edit not recognised

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300961 by Thelowlandpiper
Joomla 3.8.3; CB 2.13
I have two query drop-down fields, country and state, with state updated by country - a fairly standard arrangement, I would think; I have just set these fields to 'Required' for those CBSubs plans that display these fields; however, on editing a user's record in the admin site {changing the state field), I get an error on saving saying these fields are required (they are both filled). What's happening here?
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #300971 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Required Query field; edit not recognised
The data for the countries and states field are being read form the J2Store tables:

The state field has the following query: 'Select j2store_zone_id,zone_name from #__j2store_zones where jml3_j2store_zones.country_id='[cb_selectcountry]'
the field options are value: j2store_zone_id, label: zone_name

The Country field qj2store_country_iduery is SELECT `j2store_country_id`,`country_name` FROM s` and the options are value:`j#__j2store_countrie, label: country_name

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Required Query field; edit not recognised
Try turning off "Fields Validation in User Management" within CB > Configuration > User Profile then retry and see if the fields save. Does it do this for frontend as well?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #300976 by Thelowlandpiper
I've done what you suggest but the problem persists, and on the front end too. However, there seems to be some issue with the fields themselves since when I change the country field, the state field loses all its data and can't be filled, though this does not happen on front end profile

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Required Query field; edit not recognised
Sounds like the below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6796

Within CB > Configuration > Moderation set "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" to at least "Super Administrators Only". Please also ensure everything is up to date then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #301019 by Thelowlandpiper
That seems to have sorted it; thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon