Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Required Query field; edit not recognised

6 years 9 months ago #301154 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Required Query field; edit not recognised
Sorry to return to this, but I find that the issue persists on the front end; I cannot edit my own superuser profile : country and state fields are still reporting as 'required' even though they are the fields I am editing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #301156 by Thelowlandpiper
Just spotted that I am running CB 2.1.3 which CB control panel says is the latest but I haven't uploaded the latest build; I'll do that and test again

6 years 9 months ago #301161 by Thelowlandpiper
Latest build installed and error persists on front end; back end is fine

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301164 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Required Query field; edit not recognised
It is most likely an access permission issue again. I've no idea what all you changed from the defaults, but it works perfectly fine in my tests and on our demo site. If you're conditioning the fields with CB Conditional or protecting them with CB Privacy then try disabling those usages and retry. Ensure the plugin it self is public access within CB > Plugin Management. Retest with a regular registered user editing their profile to be sure it's only affecting you as a super user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #301224 by Thelowlandpiper
I've investigated all the permission issues I'm aware of and cannot resolve this issue either for a super-user or another registered user; neither CBPrivay or Conditional are published;
it is only on the front end and only effects edits - new users can create records successfully. however, it means that users cannot make any edits to their profile, since whatever they edit results in the 'required fields' error message

Note; this is not simply a message beside the field, as happens if you fail to confirm the password properly, but a system Error message at the top of the page, regardless of the two fields being filled before the edit. (attached)
I have temporarily removed the 'required' status for these two fields
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301243 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Required Query field; edit not recognised
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon