Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is this possible please?

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
6 years 9 months ago #300990 by gingerweb
Is this possible please? was created by gingerweb
I have a client who would like to be able to email a pdf (payslip) to their employees and for it to go into a "portal" as they describe it so they can view them and refer back to them at a later date?

So im thinking their payroll software can email to a specific email address for each user, they would have a CB account in the company website and maybe run a Cron to direct the email and attachment into their account?

Is something like this possible with CB please and if so where do i start?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300994 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Is this possible please?
I've no idea the limitations of your clients payroll software, but sounds like the email should be handled by it directly. As for them viewing their payslips in their CB profile I've no idea as it depends on the API available for the payroll software. If it's a database that can be accessed you can probably use CB Query Field to grab the payslips maybe. If you need to utilize a PHP based API you could use CB Code Field.

Sorry, don't really know what to suggest as it completely depends on the functionality available from the payroll software and your ability to integrate with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
6 years 9 months ago #300995 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Is this possible please?
The function i know works is that it can send the attachment to an individual email address for the user, so i want that email to be associated with their CB account in the website and for the attachment to be left in their account.
If there is anyone out there that thinks they could achieve this and quote me for it i would be happy to listen!

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300998 by krileon
I suppose if you could run a query during that operation you could grab their user id based off email address and attach it to their profile gallery provided by CB Gallery by directly inserting a row in the database and manually inserting it to CB Gallery upload path. You'd need to be familiar with how CB Gallery stores entries though and suggest manually uploading a pdf then reviewing the table row for an example. As for where files are stored their paths are always as follows.

/images/comprofiler/plug_cbgallery/USER_ID/TYPE

TYPE can be files, music, photos, or videos.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
6 years 9 months ago #301001 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Is this possible please?
Ok thanks - is there a section on here to find someone who might be able to do this for me ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301002 by krileon

is there a section on here to find someone who might be able to do this for me ?

No, you would need to use a 3rd party site for finding a contract developer unless you're collaborating with other users here in which case you can post in the community forums below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon