Skip to Content Skip to Menu

hide autoactions from public Activity stream

6 years 9 months ago #301127 by morgenster
I have an activity stream on my mainpage for all registered users. Autoactions with i.e. avatar enabled so this is shown on the public activity stream.

There is another activity stream on the 'my profile' page with the asset 'profile.[user_id]' so only my activity is shown (?)
On this activty stream i want to show when the last time visit the page and other personal changes.

How to hide the personal activities from the public activity stream.
I have set the acces ACL to 'self only' on the autoactions for loggin in. This doesn't hide it from the main activity stream.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301129 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic hide autoactions from public Activity stream
Access for the auto action has nothing to do with access for the activity. The auto action generates it and stores it in CB Activity database and then no longer has anything to do with CB Auto Actions. There is no access for activity, never will be, but there is privacy controls on a per activity basis if that's what you're looking for. To have activity privacy controls you'll need to enable the following system actions.

CB Activity - Privacy - New
CB Activity - Privacy - Edit
CB Activity - Privacy - Save
CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized

Where activity displays is entirely based off the Asset as well. So for example if the activity entry has an asset of profile.42.greeting it'll display on that users profile stream and of course on Recent Activity page (it shows all activity).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon