Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User issue "Your email domain has been flaggd as spam....

6 years 9 months ago #301144 by KathAhren09
Hello,
I have searched the forum but didn't see this particular message.
A user on the site cannot remember his user name or password so he tried to sign up again. When he hit submit he got the following message:
Your registration has been blocked. Your email domain has been flaggd as spam. Reason: Already registered.

I checked the member listing via the back end (and also exported the list to csv). I do not see his name or email in either of the lists.
I'm not a programmer so I don't mess around with databases. Is there something I can do to get him back up and running again?

Also there is a typo in the error message... former proofreaders never stop.
Thanks in advance,
Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301160 by krileon
That's a block from CB AntiSpam. Looks like an email domain block. That had to of been configured manually as the duplicate registration blocking can only block by ip address or deny and not block at all. Check within CB AntiSpam > Blocks to see if you're blocking the email domain they're attempting to use.

As for the message the default is "Your registration attempt has been blocked. Reason: [reason]", but can be changed within CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Registration > Blocked. The blocking it self for duplicate registration is configured in CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Registration > Duplicates.

Please also be sure everything installed is up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon