Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Groupjive SEF-url individual Group selected by menu

• NicoFaaij
  • NicoFaaij
6 years 9 months ago #301183 by NicoFaaij
Hi,

I want menu items for every GroupJive group. So I create them one by one like described on page 41 of the cbgj_300_primer manual, chapter "Specific Group Menu". This is not the problem.

However, after selecting one of these menu items by a user, the users get a terrible URL like mywebsite.coml/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=1362&action=groups&cat=1&func=show&grp=4304&lang=nl&plugin=cbgroupjive&task=pluginclass in his browser. Not a nice URL they can share by mail or with friends.

What I want is an URL like mywebsite.comlgroups/Group-Name (like I have for CB users).

For now, I create for each of these an alias in the sh404sef component. That is a lot of manual work as I have a lot of new groups added by my CB users every day.

Is there a way we can automate the creating of nice GroupJive SEF URL's? Any suggestions?

With kind regads and thanks in advance,
Nico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301197 by krileon
CB GroupJive has routing code. I'm guessing your install is out of date and not utilizing it. You don't need to create menu items for it to utilize this either. See our below demo site where it's working fine.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-groupjive/all-groups/1-community-builder-add-ons/7-cb-antispam

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• NicoFaaij
  • NicoFaaij
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #301228 by NicoFaaij
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the example, however, I use the latest version CB 2.1.3 and GJ 3.1.1+build2018-01-09. Maybe my sh404sef, which I always needed for CB is now blocking the routing for GJ. I have to do some test the coming days to see how I can get them more like your demo.

Beside that I also need them in a menu to get them in a xml sitemap for Google. For CB there are datasource extensions to do so but not for GJ.

With kind regards, Nico
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by NicoFaaij.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301245 by krileon
Could be sh404sef is altering the URLs or preventing CBs router from functioning properly. Suggest disabling sh404sef and see if that helps.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon