Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Viewing field value content across users in a collected list

• mz
  • mz
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301280 by mz
Hi,

1. Viewing field value content across users in a collected list – something like Joomla article list

I would like to show value results entered in selected fields across all users. This value result should be published (if content entered by user) in a list view. This list should then contain link to the web address or file, etc. in CB.

Example: PDF drawings of houses - allocated to a required field, from each individual user.
Instead of entering each user to see the drawing I would like to generate a list view based on the entered content in the selected field(s).

Columns in the list view could be:

1. Title (of the field content) - working as link to the content
2. Date of entering
3. Author (User profile) - working as a link to the user
4. Hits
5. Rating
6. etc

Like the article list view in Joomla.

Is this possible somehow?

Thanks for you support.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301290 by krileon
Sounds like a regular userlist with your respective fields in each column. Suggest reading the CB Primer Book to get started with userlists. You can also check out CBs videos below.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• mz
  • mz
6 years 9 months ago #301326 by mz
Hi again,

Thanks Kyle.

I have created an additional user list and allocated it to a new menu – ok
I have allocated four different fields (the ones containing the PDF drawings content I want to show), to the first user list column. I call this column title. Further to this I have; User, user image and user hits in different columns. ok.

I am now trying to solve the following, without luck so far:

1. I only want to show the users in the list, if one of the four fields allocated to title are with any content. How can set this up?
2. I would like to have a column with the edit/upload/publish date related to these same four fields. Is that possible?
3. I would like to have a column with the hits related to these same four fields. Is that possible?
4. I would like to have a column with a rating option related to these same four fields. Is that possible?

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301327 by krileon

1. I only want to show the users in the list, if one of the four fields allocated to title are with any content. How can set this up?

You need to setup a filter to exclude users. I'm guessing you're just using a file field so filtering out users where that field is not empty should work.

2. I would like to have a column with the edit/upload/publish date related to these same four fields. Is that possible?

Individual fields don't have an edit date. You can use the last update date field though to show when their profile was last updated by them.

3. I would like to have a column with the hits related to these same four fields. Is that possible?

There is no hits counter for individual fields. You can use the hits field though, which is profile views.

4. I would like to have a column with a rating option related to these same four fields. Is that possible?

Rating fieldtype is built into CB. Simply create a rating field within CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mz
  • mz
6 years 9 months ago #301328 by mz
Hi again,

You need to setup a filter to exclude users. I'm guessing you're just using a file field so filtering out users where that field is not empty should work.

MZ: I guess you mean the filter function in the user list setup? I have been trying to play around with different "operator" functions but it does not work right. Empty or not empty operators does not exist.
I have 2 fields showing web address links and two file attachments. These field contents are again controlled by a dropdown field...
??

2. OK
3. OK
4. OK will try that later

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #301329 by krileon

MZ: I guess you mean the filter function in the user list setup? I have been trying to play around with different "operator" functions but it does not work right. Empty or not empty operators does not exist.

The Basic mode only supports AND filters. You're needing an OR case. To do that you need to use an Advanced filter and supply the SQL your self. Example as follows.

Code:
( ( `cb_field_one` != '' ) AND ( `cb_field_one` IS NOT NULL ) OR ( `cb_field_two` != '' ) AND ( `cb_field_two` IS NOT NULL ) OR ( `cb_field_three` != '' ) AND ( `cb_field_three` IS NOT NULL ) OR ( `cb_field_four` != '' ) AND ( `cb_field_four` IS NOT NULL ) )

Adjust the field names cb_field_NUMBER as needed. Add more OR cases as needed. Depending on your fields type you may need to adjust the conditions (e.g. if it's a checkbox field the value can be 1, 0, or NULL).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon